Rural Development Applicants

How the Application Process Works

All Rural Development waiting lists are OPEN at this time.  Complete an application for any or all programs you are interested in and mail or drop off at the Housing Authority’s front office. 

Program Information

Rural Development provided the funding for these apartments and townhomes located in Yuba City and Live Oak.  Rental assistance is available for those who qualify or residents may choose to pay a flat rent. 


Applicant Change Form

Applicants on the waiting list must report all changes of address, income, preference and family composition in writing to the Housing Authority.  If you are a current applicant, please use the following form to report a change.

 Application Change Form-English

Application Change Form-Spanish

        This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

  If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form,  You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form.  Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. How do I place my name on the Rural Development waiting list?
    The Rural Development waiting list is open.  Turn in a complete application to the Housing Authority office to be placed on the waiting list for the next available unit.
  2. How long will it take for me to reach the top of the waiting list?
    It is not possible to predict how long it will take for someone to get to the top of the waiting list. The wait depends on the rate current tenants move out of a Rural Development Unit.
  3. How can I check my status on the waiting list?
    You can contact the Housing Authority front desk at (530) 671-0220 to check the status of your application.
  4. What happens when my name reaches the top of the waiting list?
    You will receive a letter informing you that your name has reached the top of the waiting list and that the Housing Authority is ready to begin the application process. You will be asked to complete a Personal Declaration Form and return it to our office along with various supporting documents.
  5. What happens if I do not receive the application appointment letter?
    It is important for you to inform the Housing Authority of all address changes while your name is on the waiting list. If you fail to respond because you did not receive the letter or if the letter is returned as "undeliverable", the Housing Authority will proceed down the list and remove your name from the waiting list. If you have any changes, submit an Applicant Change Form within 10 days.

Because everyone deserves a home.