Public Housing

The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) administers Federal aid to the RHA to manage housing for low-income residents at rents they can afford. Rents are based on income, or residents may choose to pay a flat rent.

How the Process Works

When the waiting list is open, applications are accepted online, in office, by mail or by fax.

The waiting list is organized by preference, then date and time of application. Detailed information regarding preference types is available on the application form.

Apply Online

About the Program

Public Housing was established to provide safe, quality rental housing for eligible low-income families, the elderly, and persons with disabilities.

RHA offers Public Housing in the cities of Yuba City at Richland Housing and River City Manor and in Live Oak at Date Street Senior Village. Public Housing is limited to low-income families and individuals. Rents are based on incomes or residents may choose to pay a flat rent.

More information about the Public Housing Program can be found at the Department of Housing and Urban Development

Income Limits


Work Orders/Repair Requests

To request repairs, contact Maintenance at (530) 671-0220 ext. 213

Admissions & Continued Occupancy Policy



The waitlist is currently closed.

Apply Online

Applications are also available at 1455 Butte House Road, Yuba City, CA 95993.

Application Change Form

Applicants on the waiting list must report all changes of address, income, preference and family composition in writing to the Housing Authority.

If you are a current applicant, please use the following form to report a change.

English Español

Frequently Asked Questions

This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form,  You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form.

Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at