How the Application Process Works

The Maple Park waiting list is currently CLOSED.  

Income Limits

Applicant Change Form

Applicants on the waiting list must report all changes of address, income, preference and family composition in writing to the Housing Authority.  If you are a current applicant, please use the following form to report a change.

Applicant Change Form

Frequently Asked Questions

1. How can I get an apartment at Maple Park?

All households must first place their name on the Housing Authority Project Based Voucher-Maple Park waiting list. When your name reaches the top of the list, you will be asked to complete an application so that your eligibility for the Program can be determined.

2. How long will it take for me to reach the top of the Waitlist?

It is not possible to predict how long it will take for someone to get to the top of the Waitlist. The wait depends on the how fast the current tenants in Maple Park vacate their units. The waitlist is organized by date and time.

3. How can I check my status on the Waiting List?

You can contact the Housing Authority front desk at (530) 671-0220 to check the status of your application.

4. What happens when my name reaches the top of the Waiting list?

You will receive a letter informing you that your name has reached the top of the Waitlist and that the Housing Authority is ready to begin the application process. You will be asked to complete a Personal Declaration Form and return it to our office along with various supporting documents.

5. What happens if I do not receive the application appointment letter?

It is important for you to inform the Housing Authority of all address changes while your name is on the Waitlist. If you fail to respond because you did not receive the letter or if the letter is returned as "undeliverable", the Housing Authority will proceed down the List and remove your name from the Waitlist. If you have any changes, submit an Applicant Change Form within 10 days.

Applicant Change Form

6. How much will my rent be?

Your portion of rent paid to the owner is be based on a formula established by HUD which is normally 30% of your adjusted income less an allowance for utilities or 10% of you unadjusted income less an allowance for utilities.

7. What happens if my income or family composition changes after I begin receiving rental assistance?

Whenever your income changes or you have a change in family composition (persons moving in or out of your household) you are required to report the change to the Housing Authority in writing within 10 business days using a Change Reporting form. The Housing Authority will determine if and when a change in rent is required and you will be notified in writing.

Change Reporting Form 

​8. What happens if my unit needs repairs?

You should notify the Housing Authority immediately at (530) 671-0220.

9. How long can I remain living at Maple Park?

Current program rules allow you to continue to receive housing assistance as long as you are income-eligible and as long as you fulfill your tenant obligations established for the Maple Park Apartments. You will lose your assistance when your income rises to the point that your portion of the rent matches or exceeds the full amount of the rent, or if you are terminated from the Program for violating the rules.

Because everyone deserves a home.